Alien Adult from Human Host |
Brawling: 4D+2, Climbing/Jumping: 5D
Size: 2-2.5 m tall/long
• Armor: +1 Energy / +2 Physical
• Acid Blood: see special rules (roll grenade scatter for splatter - Damage 6D)
• Atmosphere Independent: The Adult Alien can survive underwater, or in space without danger of suffocation for an unknown period of time.
• Bite: Str+2D Damage
• Claws: Str+2 Damage
• Deductive Reasoning: Alien Adults and Queens are extremely intelligent for a non-sentient species. They have the ability to reason out solutions to abstract problems. This is manifested in the Investigation skill above.
• Invisible to Infrared: The creatures are undetectable through the use of infrared vision or similar scanning devices.
• Natural Camouflage: The creatures adapt their coloration to their environment, and they blend well into both organic and constructed environments. +2D to hide skill in most conditions as long as the creature remains still.
• Pheromone Communication: Communicates primitively through the use of pheromones. These pheromones can be used to indicate the location of potential prey or hosts, emotional state, developmental stage, and hive affiliation.
• Radar Sense: They can "see" through a form of ultrasonic echolocation that allows them to perceive shape and movement. No penalties for darkness or smoke.
• Secrete Resin: Adult Aliens can secrete a tough resin often used to cocoon victims and construct hives. Once set - takes only a few hours - the resin has strength of 5D, cocooned victims must make an opposed Str roll to break free.
• Tail: Str+2 Damage (1-1.5m long)
"Whadda you mean THEY cut the power?!? How could THEY cut the power, man?!? They're animals!!" -Hudson (from Aliens)
Adult Aliens are usually humanoid in shape, but this can vary by the host. A full-grown Alien from a human host can reach a height of up to eight feet. Adults from other species may be much larger or smaller and Strength and Dexterity will vary according to the host, but should be equivalent to at least a high average for that race. Adult Aliens are most commonly found in Hives, adapted from structures in their local environments. They modify existing walls and formations with secreted resin. It is speculated that they also use the remains of their dead with which to construct such tunnels, but this is unconfirmed.
Adult Aliens are strictly carnivorous, possibly cocooning victims not used as hosts alive to be fed upon and over long periods of time. It may also feed on the remains of hosts that are no longer incubating Embryos.
As with Chestbursters, the physical orientation of the Adult is determined heavily by the genetic material of its host. If an Alien's host was 4 legged, the resulting Adult be similar.
Coloration of these creatures varies to blend with the environment in which they exist. Adults have been seen with black and grey coloration on some starships, dark greens in a hive environment, blue in water environments.